Discover The Youth & Hmong Experience
A youth program providing youth ages 8-17 years old with leadership development training and cultural and traditional activities including Hmong music class (qeej), Hmong dance, Hmong history and Hmong language.
Come discover your Hmong brothers & sisters in the greater Seattle community!
HAW Youth Cookbook Sneak Peak!
- Mince the garlic, wash and cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces
- Wash the Chinese broccoli. Trim the main stem and cut the Chinese broccoli in half. You can separate the smaller stems/leaves from the main stem if desired.
- In the wok/large frying pan, add in enough oil to coat the base of the pan to prevent food from sticking and set to medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic to the hot oil and once the garlic becomes golden, add in the chicken
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste
- Once the chicken has fully cooked, add in the Chinese broccoli.
- Fold in the Chinese broccoli until it has been evenly dispersed. Let the food sit in the pan for a few seconds to allow the heat to evenly penetrate the vegetables
- Once the stem of the Chinese broccoli softens, stir the contents in the pan to allow everything to fry evenly. This should take anywhere from 10-15 minutes.
- Once the Chinese broccoli is cooked, add in the oyster sauce and stir to allow an even coating. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir contents for 3-5 minutes
- Add more seasoning to taste
- Plate the food and enjoy with a hot bowl of rice!